One Step Health – ORGANIC MAGNESIUM OIL
The skin is a remarkable part of our body it acts like a revolving door, allowing elements to pass through both ways and anything that touches it, whether it be nutrients, the sun, toxins, air particles, etc… is absorbed in or toxins, sweat, etc… is moved out.
This means when nutrients are applied directly onto the skin, their benefits are amplified! And we want to take advantage of that. That is one of the reasons why this essential supplement is so effective when it is applied directly onto the skin.
Functions of Magnesium
Magnesium is vital in hundreds of actions in the cells, glands, tissues and the whole body, and these are some of the critical functions:
• Helps to maintain a healthy heart
• Eases muscle knots, cramping and spasms
• Helps heal cavities and tooth decay
• Helps with PMS
• Eases anxiety and panic attacks
• Helps to balance your body’s electrical system
• Alleviates gastrointestinal discomfort
• Helps to regulate blood sugar levels
• Nurtures healthy bones by giving flexibility and rigidity to your bones
• Powerful detoxifier
Are you Magnesium deficient?
In our modern world, the answer is yes.
Signs of Magnesium Deficiency
• Extreme thirst
• Extreme hunger
• Frequent urination
• Anxiety and panic attacks
• Heart flutters and/or palpitations
• Muscle tightness
• Muscle cramping
• Muscle weakness
• Heart arrhythmia’s
• Angina due to spasms of the coronary arteries
Applying Magnesium Oil
Expect a tingling sensation when you first start to use magnesium oil. If this is your first time using magnesium oil, apply it to a small test patch first, to gauge the intensity of the tingling.
Many people say that the tingling will decrease over time, as your body becomes less deficient in the nutrient. This was definitely true for me, I personally use all the products I sell, although it still feels slightly unpleasant for a few minutes after application. But the health benefits are totally worth it!
Although it varies from person-to-person, there are general areas that are less sensitive to the magnesium oil and make better application sites. In my experience, areas with more adipose tissue (a.k.a. the plump areas) are less sensitive. Try the thighs, hips and belly. Shins and forearms also work well for me. Try to avoid the creases of the elbows, behind the knees, creases of the bottom, and the neck if you are experiencing tingling. These areas are usually more sensitive.
Do NOT apply magnesium oil to your legs after shaving them! We recommend waiting at least 12 hours before applying to shaved legs. If you experience no tingling when applying magnesium oil, you may be able to tolerate post-shave application.
Dry brushing makes the skin more sensitive to magnesium oil. Dry brushing is a practice to simulate the lymphatic system and improve skin tone). I dry brush in the evening, before my shower, and I find that applying the magnesium oil immediately post-shower creates intense tingling. So, I wait until the morning to apply magnesium oil, which gives my skin a period to “de-sensitize” from the dry brushing.
You may notice a slight white film or powder on your skin after the magnesium oil dries. You can wipe or rinse this off, or briskly rub your skin and it will disappear.
Wait at least 30 minutes before showering or bathing after applying magnesium oil, to ensure that the magnesium has absorbed into the skin and will not be rinsed off.
Take your bottle of magnesium oil with you to a massage. The masseuse can use then oil as a massage lotion and you will get a double whammy of relaxation from the magnesium and body work. Only do this if you are not having tingling after applying the oil or request that the oil only be massaged onto non-sensitive areas, such as the thighs.
• Magnesium oil boosts healing after a sports injury. Applying it anywhere will support muscle healing, but you can also apply it to the area of a sore muscle.
• Muscle cramps? Immediately reach for your magnesium oil! Frequent muscle cramps will disappear as you use magnesium oil long-term and improve mineral balance with unrefined salt. But immediate application of magnesium oil can help instantly reduce a muscle cramp.